Lord God, heavenly Father:
- Not only have your thoughts from eternity been of us;
- Not only are our days recorded in your book;
- Not only did you decide to save us before time began;
but also now, you are mindful of us day and night, every hour, each moment. But what have I done in return?
- I confess that I have forgotten about you;
- I confess that I have despised your Word;
- I confess my innumerable sins of thought, word, and deed.
Forgive me for my ingratitude, folly, and sin! Grant me a new spirit and a new life, through your Son's atoning death and resurrection! Lead me to love what you love, hating what you hate! Above all, keep me mindful of your grace; let me depart in faith, entering eternal bliss for the sake of Jesus Christ, your dear Son, our Savior and Lord; AMEN.